For various reasons I’ve been reading but not posting the last couple of weeks.
My allotments are still surviving.
The smaller Rose Avenue plot has
- delivered a fine crop of red currants
- the potatoes are ready to start harvesting
- the oca is really establishing well,
- the rhubarb has finally started growing
- the large daisy’s have given an amazing showing
- finally dug brambles out of 3/4 of the last bit (and may finish it this weekend)
- the herbs are doing inredibly well
- strimmed the paths around the plot
The larger plot on Tamworth Farm is starting to shape up too:
- a short pallet fence has been erected along the boundary between my plot and the lovely Polish neighbours
- I spent a weekend putting in fence posts for the fence on the right hand side of the plot and then breaking down and painting pallets to make the uprights
- I’ve bought an painted a whole lot of wood to mark out some raised beds
- I’m afraid I’ve tackled the bindweed with a couple of liberal doses of weedkiller (I learned my lesson from the Rose Ave plot!)
There’ll be pictures sometime next week when I have chance to download them from my phone!
However this Saturday is out allotment picnic – so fun times first!