So it’s a ovely day in London with sunshine streaming in through the window – alas I;m at work (for at least another hour) and not in the garden elbows deep in planting out some stocks and primroses.
Weekend (gardening!) plans:
- finish potting above mentioned primulas and stocks do tidying p the raised bed/cobbled path (those cobbles will be going this year)
- tidy up the bin area
- take and post a few pics for the record!
- get down the firescape and into the garden (first floor terrace conversion)
- make a (long) list of what needs doing to tidy things up and get the three veg beds back into production
- remember that there are two bags of manure in the front garden that need to be moved to the back ready for veg bed prep
- check on the two flower beds
- work out when to give the deck and path a jolly good scrub and clean
- remove dead plants/weeds and tidy away old pots
- sort out tool store which lives under the fireescape
- does the fence need painting this year?
- can I get one or both of the raised bed plastic grow frames out
- quick check on how wildflowers planted last weekend are doing
- maybe – if weather holds – tackle that final bit of grass and brambles which needs digging over
- finish sortoing out seed stash – veg/flowers
- prep for allotment sweed swap next weekend
- add posts to allotment society blog
- investigate funding streams for allotment soc meeting